SMASH?



I have yet to watch Smash. I have both episodes on the DVR but for some reason, although it has many elements that might usually draw me to a new show, there are also things about it that have turned me off. The 'ram it down our throats' promotion of the show has me digging in my heals a bit. I also have yet to shake off my dislike of Katherine McPhee from days on Idol. She had plenty of talent but also cracked an attitude that used to annoy the shit out of me. To me, her season was all about Eliott Yamin, who I continue to think should have taken the title.



But...I do like shows about 'putting on a shows'. I also like Debra Messing and the site of Angelica Houston camping her way through the commercials is both a bit sad yet also strangely enjoyable. I also am a fan of the adorable and talented Raza Jaffrey who I know from watching a bit as Zafar from the BBC drama Spooks. Jaffrey also has a musical theatre background on the London stages so hopefully the show will take advantage of this.



So...is anyone tuning in....Is it worth a look?